Dear Reader

Herein you will find letters that I write and post.

Letters to who?
Letters to people in my life, real or imagined.
Letters to things. Letters to ideas.

Why write letters like this?
I am writing these letters based on moments throughout my life in which I find myself thinking about something or someone in terms of writing a letter.
Like, Dear Dad, what have you been doing all these years?
Or Dear Sky, what is it like to be so vast?
Or Dear Sara, I knew you when I was 11 and you had the most amazingly gorgeous singing voice. Where are you and what are you doing now? Are you still a singer?

So, that's why I'm writing letters.

Why here and not email or snail mail or text message them or smoke signal them?
Because this is sending them, in its own way. Because I can't find the address to send a letter to my missing favorite pair of sneakers or my long lost best friend, Anne Halkovic.

So, Dear Reader, read on. There may be a letter for you!
Thank you.

Leila

The Letters

Following are the letters.
Please feel free to comment after a letter and post a letter of your own!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dear Asshole,

Why are you like that?
All puckered and brown. Stinky!
Why are you mean spirited and selfish? Why do you do things that hurt others? Why are you so unconscious?
Do you know how much I cried because of you?
Do you know how much pain you bring to the world?
What do you want in your life?
What is bothering you so much that you rage and scream at the world and drag people down into your hell with you?
Why do you punch walls and never stop? Why don't you ever stop and breathe and see the sky?
What will free you, my friend?
I wish that your anger and asshole nature dies.
I wish you a happy life.
Sincerely,
Leila

No comments: